Purpose: To carry out the mission of the Master Guide ministry of the Ontario Conference in leading youth to Christ and in training them for effective Christian service.
1. Emphasize spiritual and personal growth for a more intimate relationship with Christ.
2. Participate in conference-sponsored Master Guide events.
3. Provide assistance to the Adventurer, Pathfinder, and Youth Ministries of the local church in leadership, discipleship, and outreach endeavors.
4. Conduct Master Guide Leadership Courses in collaboration with the OCMGC District Coordinators.*
5. Organize plans for AY Honor classes.
6. Foster camaraderie among club members through recreational and relationship-building activities.
Duties of MG Club Officers:
a. Club Director – Serves as over-all coordinator for the local Master Guide Club
b. Deputy Directors (4)
- For Leadership Training – Responsible in planning and coordinating the Master Guide Leadership Course (i.e., MGT program for both the Adventurer and Pathfinder tracks) and AY Honour classes.
- For Discipleship – Liaise with the local Adventurer and Pathfinder clubs in mentoring children and teens for vibrant Christian life and service.
- For Outreach – Tasked to plan and coordinate outreach/evangelism programs, mission-service projects, and disaster ministry.
- For Recreation – Responsible in providing health-promoting and relationship-building activities.
c. Secretary – Takes minutes of all staff meetings and sends notices to members.
d. Treasurer – Responsible in making an annual budget, collection of dues, and monthly financial reports.
e. Chaplain – Provides spiritual programming for the nurture of members to Christian maturity.
* - The MG club will be in-charge of the MGT program. However, the 10-hour BST will still be handled by either the Adventurer or Pathfinder Councils.